Thursday 29 September 2011

ELF - Shimmery Eyeliner Pencil - Review and Swatches

I'm not sure whether I like them or not? I felt that I had to keep getting one more to give them another chance?  They are like a eyeshadow base rather than an eyeliner. Anyway, I will be reviewing and swatching 6 out of the 9 for you guys! As everything else on the regular line they are £1.50. I got most of them when the 50% sale was on, my two newest ones that I got in the last 50% off are the Gunmental and Plum passion. As usual the Elf website (through no fault of their own) their swatches never really match their products "actual" colour. Enough of the babbling on here you go!

                                           L2R - Plum Passion, Grassy Green, Black Bandit, Gunmental, Boldly Bronzed, Iconic Ivory

Pros:
Very soft and glides on well (also a con)
Black isn't too shimmery so can be used on water line and smudged out for smokey effect
Comes with a sharper built inside the lid (comes quite handy)
£1.50 for a multi-use kind of product that's pretty awesome
Range of colour's

Cons:
Loose fitting lids - can ruin your make up bag
The white feels like CHALK, I would never use it and it crumbles, terrible, terrible, terrible product
A bit too smudgy, with a little bit of pressure it can just melt into a big blob
Quite soft - which could also be a good thing if you want to blend it out

Overall a good product, not too keen on some of the colours such as the green, expected the purple to be more vibrant. The black is my favourite and the white is terrible I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Price: 4/5
Quality: 3/5 -
Packaging: 3/5
Staying power 3/5

Overall an "Average" product, could probably go on without these however they make an excellent base for eyeshadow if used with the eye shadow primer (Will review this product soon!)

2 comments:

  1. great review i have all of these my self and they are quite good for the price :) im a full time follower now

    pop over to my page if you get a chance http://ninabargainbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love your page I go on it daily lol!

    ReplyDelete