Thursday 29 September 2011

ELF - Brightening Eye Liner - Review & Swatches

I have 5 out of the 6 Brightening eye liners. I haven't got the Glided, simply because I don't know how my NC40 skin and dark eyes would really go with that! These come at a price of £1.50 each. I usually get them when ELF did the 50% off! (Sadly they had their last ever one *queue sad music*)

I will review and swatch the 5 that I have for you guys!

                                           L2R - Coffee, Ash, Plum, Midnight, Black
First thoughts, meh, white packaging and flimsy lids which refuse to stay on and ruin my make up bags! However.. These little gems in cheapy packaging are one of my favourite Elf products from the £1.50 range. I recently just purchased the Plum and Midnight in their last 50% off. I was hoping the Midnight would be a nice dark blue but it seems to be almost black, not too happy about that. The Plum isn't very pigmented so it doesn't really show up on my eyes. I love the Coffee shade for when I'm doing neutral make up. They don't smudge TOO much.


Price: 5/5
Quality: 4/5 (smudginess lets it down)
Packaging: 2/5 (Name colours have already faded off, lids refuse to stay on!)
Staying power 3/5 (Managed to withstand my tears but the Coffee shade doesn't seem to last as long as the black)

Overall a great product for £1.50 and a great item to have!


I have also just purchased one of the mineral eye liners in ASH and wanted to show the comparison.


Can you guess which one is the Mineral line Ash and which one is Ash in the £1.50 range?

Left - Brightening eye liner & Right - Mineral Line 

The colour pay off is better in the £1.50 range in my opinion HOWEVER it is worth paying £3 to get the mineral line one if you want a smoother application. No tugging and on a plus side, no chemicals or dyes!

Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment