Thursday 29 September 2011

ELF - Mineral Lipstick VS Normal line Lipstick

I've only got 3 of the mineral lipsticks but dying to get my hands on Runway Pink, I've heard its beautiful! I currently have two of the normal line lipsticks and am waiting for some of the new US colours to come to the UK as I really like them! I will review what I have and possibly post pictures of myself wearing them.


                                                         L2R Gipsy, Fantasy                   Bare brown, Party pink, Cheerful cherry


IMO, Fantasy is pretty much a cheaper dupe of Bare brown, they are both buildable colours and I personally prefer fantasty. Gipsy is abit too bright for my "daily" look but I might wear it out soon if I'm feeling brave! Party pink is a really pretty pink, not too pale and not too in your face. Lastly Cheerful Cherry is a nice red but as I have large lips I feel it attracts too much attention as I usually wear nudes, however still a pretty colour especially with Elf super glossy in Mauve Luxe or Hypershine Gloss in Vixen ontop. I prefer the Lipstain in Red Carpet (which I will review and swatch in my lipstain review)

                                          L2R - Bare Brown, Party Pink, Cheerful Cherry, Fantasy, Gipsy -WITH FLASH

 
                                           L2R - Bare Brown, Party Pink, Cheerful Cherry, Fantasy, Gipsy -WITHOUT FLASH


I'm not a lipstick kind of person but I do quite like these. I could've done without the Bare Brown because it's pretty much the same as Fantasy but overall they are good from both the mineral line and normal line. What I love about them is that they are buildable and have many complimentary lipglosses, the possibilities are endless!

Mineral
Price: 4/5
Quality: 4/5 (very creamy)
Packaging: 5/5 - Looks so much more expensive than they are
Staying power 3/5

Normal line:
Price: 5/5
Quality: 2/5 (Lots of people have complained that they break easyily, Yes, i experienced it too! They also feel abit plasticy)
Packaging: 2/5 (Very cheap looking, and it also flimsy)
Staying power 5/5 (More pigmented than the mineral IMO)

No comments:

Post a Comment